"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Thursday, March 6, 2008

We're Flinging Spring [Again]

Tomorrow is my school's annual "Spring Fling." Seems kind of silly to host a spring dance when there's snow on the ground and we're under a severe winter storm watch from 1 pm tomorrow until sometime Saturday...

And the student body didn't know about this dance until less than two weeks ago. Great planning, guys.

Oh, and they tried to make it cool by making it a Sadie Hawkins dance. Well, poor Sadie is rolling over in her grave, because at my school the only girls who actually ask boys to the dance [boys who aren't already their boyfriends, mind you] are extremely brave and very rare.

Like me. :D I'd like to think that I'm at least a little bit unique...

My good friend Cuaderno [I've mentioned him on here before] and I are planning on having an amazing night tomorrow. Though the vast majority of my friends have decided not to go to this dance--no matter how much I've asked them to change their minds--I daresay that the few of us who'll be in attendance will shake things up a bit [Madeline, sis, that means you. And big sis Thena, too, if she comes--please!! :D ].

My favorite part of school dances? The fact that I don't have to be serious. At all. I can be ridiculously giggly and fun and silly and not a single person will tell me off. It's hard for some people to picture me that way--giggly? What?--but those who have danced with me know it's true. I turn into a completely different person as soon as the music hits my ears.

They're not multiple personalities [or so I've told myself]. They're simply contrasting shades of the same color. Dark red versus pink, and such.

If there are any decent pictures--i.e. pictures that don't make me look absolutely awful--I will try to add an extra hour to my day to post them. If not, then I won't. Obviously.

Goodnight, sleep tight, and if your bed has bedbugs, I'm really and truly sorry to hear it.

-Abbsigail :]

No comments: