"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Hello, Fading Heart

Trembling does no good for me
It's a waste of breath
And thought
But you wouldn't see me shake for you.

Lean in to catch your soft scent
For once, neither of us backs down
And it's comforting to be this close
To someone
I'm not used to attachment.

Tomorrow will be better for us both
And worse
No more leaning, closeness, kind words
At least, not for awhile
You're exactly what I should know to avoid
Yet I don't think I would survive.

Too much trust went into this
Too much hope and love
I'll miss you when we're gone
And you, me
So take my hand and let me believe in this.

Let me believe in something
Even if you're just a lie.

No comments: