"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Sigma Dance:

That title is a really lame physics pun, by the way. Yeah, I didn't think you'd get it. But Maddy and my other physics nerds will when they read this. ;]

The dance last night was fun. Although it wasn't very packed--probably less than 200 kids out of the 2000ish at my school--and someone needed to alter the DJ's taste in music, we had a really, really good time.

Maddy, Seph, and RedIrish were there, as were Thena and Aphrie [they took me by complete surprise and came!]. We forgot about the real world for awhile, and when Cuaderno dropped me off at my house, I was still smiling. :D

After putting on regular-people clothes, Aphrie and I camped out at Thena's for the night--we watched Dogma, lmao--and I got the most sleep I've gotten in awhile [yay! 9 hours!]. Thena and I even ate TOASTER STRUDELS this morning, a food from my long-lost childhood. The funny part is that the entire time I was eating mine, my mind was filled with the distinct memory of wolfing one down while watching Power Rangers and Lambchop before elementary school.

Ah, 90's TV. If you can find anything that was better, let me know. Honestly, how can you beat Legends of the Hidden Temple? Oh, that's right. You can't. And the Silver Snakes still suck...

Before I digress too far... Last night was great. It was what I wanted--and what I needed--and I'm not going to forget it. I'm done letting time slip by. I get to enjoy it now. We all do.

This time is ours.

1 comment:

Aerin said...

Only my twin sister would make a physics joke like that on her BLOG. I love you :] <3