"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I'll Turn Around So You Can Talk

Whirl me around, words like ice
I've forgotten how it felt to be
So arctic, so cold
Such an ancient misunderstanding

Your personality speaks quite loud,
Thanks
I can hear you across the quiet room
Leave it alone, let the topic fall

Awkward is my middle name
Well, sort of.

Vague probably fits better.
This is a mess, a tragedy
Except we don't get to finish it
I'm calling you out

Leave it, me, all of it alone
I'm over this
Or at least, I will be
Very quickly and with a smile.

No comments: