"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Hi, I'm Angry.

You know what bugs me? The Y chromosome. That's right, boys, you irritate me. You get us all twisted up in your crazy lives and then drop us like bad habits. Not cool.

You play games with our minds. Again, not cool. I'm a logical person, and I can credit the male population with destroying my rational thought. Thanks, guys.

Some of you are okay. Some. The ones that are just my friends and my brothers. But the rest of you can jump off a cliff.

The Hush Sound has a song called "The Boys Are Too Refined" [see playlist]. They're right, they are. They're so nice and sweet and mature on the surface... while actually they're still cavemen on the inside. Still waiting for you guys to make fire, aren't we?

Grr. I don't even know where this rant came from. Well, maybe I do... But either way, I'm angry.

1 comment:

Ammietia (a girl you once knew) said...

Ugh. I agree. Boys are idiotic cavemen, and I know a few guys who will actually admit to this. They pick us up and drop us and don't give us a reason as to why, and if they do its usually something idiotic.

Maybe its because I know whats inside of all this refined and sweet shell is a bunch of, for lack of better word, crap.

P.S. I love "The Boys Are Too Refined", my friends not so much but thats because they like the super main-stream music.