"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Untraceable

Follow me into the light
Where I'll disappear
And you'll be left alone.
You can't catch me now.

I've been fighting it
And there's a greatness there
But there's also dark.
You won't find me now.

Intentionally puzzling
Makes me feel awful
And wrecks your world.
You can't hide your thoughts.

So I'm sorry, terribly
Sorry you're a part of this.
Remind me not to reach out
Or you won't be the same.

No comments: