"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Monday, May 12, 2008

Pretty Little Thief

I'm not sure what I did to make this happen
But I'm sorry
I'm sorry that it turned out this way
And with every shudder I will remember it all
Every morning, every night, every moment
Floods my head and pierces my veins
We deserve to live, I think

Cutthroat era, violent age
I'm cold and unfeeling and nothing like you
You tried so hard to make me perfect
But I'm not capable of that
I'm sorry
I'm sorry that your standards never sank to my height

My stance is hostile, eyes betrayed
I spoke as if my words were healing glass
The pane I'd already shattered by my actions
There is no stronger adhesive than deceit
So I filled your ears with lies
That fixed the damaged walls

I'd love to think that you could forgive me
I'm not that small
I'm sorry
So sorry for this
Let grass grow over the ancient grave
Before the cruelest flowers kill us all.

No comments: