"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

March 5th! :O

Tomorrow is March 5, 2008.

Unless your name is Thena and you have a little sister you call Arty [who goes by Abby on her blog...hint...] that date has no meaning to you whatsoever.

I pity you if it doesn't. Because that means you've never had the pleasure of talking to our dear friends Paul and Ryan [who may or may not be our friends as of tomorrow at midnight]. It also means you're not me or Thena, which by default makes me pity you, just a little bit. We've done so much that so few people can claim they've done...

I'm being vague, but I don't care. This is a post for my big sis, and for me. Six months ago to the day, we stared our past and future in their faces, hoping and praying that the news we'd heard was solid truth. We found no satisfaction in that lie. But we're strong--we're fighters, Thena and I. We don't bend and we definitely don't break.

Tomorrow is the day, dear, and I'm really hoping we're not wrong this time.

Because I don't think I can stand another dreamed-up disappointment.

No comments: