"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

One More Justification for Crying

I forgot one reason. Kind of an important one.

4. I will undeniably shed a few tears when I'm overloaded with emotional, mental, social, and physical stress... either all together simulatenously or in any combination of those four. When I hit rock bottom--when I cannot function because every single aspect of my life is crumbling and nobody seems to notice and the work and pressure just keep piling on--I will, without any shred of doubt, cry. Part of it is the exhaustion; self-control can't be perfect when you're running yourself ragged. The other half is anger--which we've already discussed--because it's all too easy to be angry with myself, when I'm wearing down, and with others, for the pressure they put on me.

I had to add that one. It's a bit of a complex reason, but hey, it works.

1 comment:

Ammietia (a girl you once knew) said...

That is also one of my reasons for crying. Its really annoying and getting stressed out does not help either. Its not like I want to but of course, its hard to stop when your self control is in a pitiful state.

Lets just hope that stress goes on vacation for a while.