"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Thursday, May 29, 2008

From the Seventh Story Window

The silver of your eyes is sickening
Because they were always so, so blue,
And in this moment I began to see
Exactly how you would hurt me to lose.
I've been out in the cold and burned by fire;
I'm nothing but what these scars have made me,
And as for you--oh, you and your dreams
You're exactly the dead end I didn't care to meet.

Excuses pave over the blatant tire tracks;
I'm so, so guilty, to the point of innocence.
Funny how time's never been able to slow
Funnier how its speed never will make sense.
It's terribly tragic, the way this one ends,
So I'll fold the corner and set it down.
Better off never knowing what happened that night
Even better left thinking you were never around.

Finish my thoughts, please, and turn the page,
Because I'm not going to ever be the same.
I don't want you,
Or anyone else,
To feel this love, this hate, this goodness,
This evil in us all
Until you're too late to be saved.

No comments: