"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

It's a Little Bit Funny, This Feeling

Today was, like so many days have been, a very strange day. Quite peculiar, to be honest. I'm not sure if it was just a filter that I viewed it through, or if everyone felt the... sensation, I guess you could call it, that I felt. Like the air was too thick to be real, too unnaturally clouded.

It started out like any other day, with the minor exception of actually getting out of bed when my alarm screamed in my ear. That should have tipped me off to how the rest of the day would go, but for some reason, I didn't think about that.

I was also ready for school at 6:35 [instead of 6:50]. Again, I'm not sure how it happened.

The school day then progressed, each hour making me wonder if perhaps I was still dreaming. I'm telling you, it was the strangest day I've ever had, and that's including all the ones from last summer [the Paul and Ryan days, remember?].

Reality seems to have forgotten me completely. Time is passing in increments I never thought possible, and I'm watching my life fly before my eyes. All I want is for it to stand still and let me live a little.

Maybe I'm in over my head right now. Maybe I'm throwing myself in too deep, testing waters that I should probably hesitate to try. But I don't care. I'm doing what I want from now on, not what I've done before.

Shuffle the cards and pass out the hands. I'll be the dealer for this round.

2 comments:

Aerin said...

vocab word alert!

Abby said...

Lmao I've been using "increment" for a good portion of my life, sis...

You're a nerd. But I guess I am too. Another silly twin thing.

Accidental matching bathing suits! :O