"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Monday, February 4, 2008

I Just Want to Wander

It started out as one of those up-too-early, not-enough-time, bad-hair, bad-teeth, bad-everything mornings. None of my clothes seemed to fit, as if I'd become an entirely different person in the past five hours while I slept. I gave up trying to look decent and settled for not looking terrible.

My day then progressed to become a living nightmare: can't breathe right, can't sit right, can't even walk the right way without feeling off-balance and out of key. My own voice irritated me today, my tongue stumbling over basic sentences while my befuddled mind struggled to follow along.

The people who normally brightened my world were suddenly dull and emotionless, their picturesque smiles redesigned into glowering frowns. Those who'd bothered me before now seemed to double their efforts; out of nowhere, the very people I couldn't tolerate--on a good day--had materialized to torment me.

My friends certainly couldn't understand my dismal mood, considering that I can barely comprehend it myself. It's not as if someone has died, or as if my heart's been tragically broken. It's just... Well, it's like I've lost myself completely.

Let me know if you see me wandering around, okay?

No comments: