"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Expiration Date on my Intelligence was January 28.

Ugh. I'm sure you know the feeling. It's like... gah, I don't even know what words to use. My vocabulary has taken a serious hit these past two days. I feel like I'm speaking in tongues [click! lamalamalama schhhpow! I have no freaking clue...].

Yesterday I turned to a friend of mine after completing what I thought was a normal sentence, only to find that his face betrayed my greatest fear: my words had come out like mush, all sort of slurred together to make one really, really big meatball of nouns and verbs. Totally frustrating, right?

At least I had a real excuse yesterday--stupid, howling winds kept me up until 4:30 in the morning the night before--but on Monday and Tuesday my slowness was unforgivable. My brain had turned to a chunk of sponge. No, not sponge... A sponge would be more intelligent than I've been these past three--four--gah, I-don't-know-how-many days.

It's not just a mental thing, either. I'll be the first to admit that I struggle with coordination, but never before have I stumbled into the same flipping door frame three times in one day. It's getting ridiculous, almost like I'm turning into a robot.

But then again, a robot would probably be able to dodge the door frame. I don't know, probably.

I wrote two English essays this week in school, and neither one of them is anywhere decent enough to deserve the time my teacher will spend on editing. My physics teacher informed me that my solution to one of the textbook's problems was "garbage" [one of these days I'm going to lose my self-control and give him some garbage to ponder]. My Econ class is a zoo; literally, like with animals and all. I can't properly describe the kids in that class without making gorilla noises.

And to top it all off, I'm trying to crank out another book. My goal was to be done by February 6th, just like last year, but it's not going to happen.

Wow. That was a whole year ago... Wow. Just wow. Time prefers to fly when I'm not looking, apparently.

I'm off to bed, to dream strange and mildly unpleasant things. Hopefully we won't have school tomorrow--they're calling for about a foot of snow. Knowing my luck, I'll have to go anyway...

Goodnight, world. Don't mind me, I'm just slowly transforming into a maniacal, bumbling looney.

:D !

No comments: