"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Saturday, February 9, 2008

I Am Absolutely Terrified.

My hands are trembling. My feet are quite literally "shaking in my boots" [boots, Roos, same thing]. I'm attending a writers' conference today, and I don't know whether to be really excited or scared to death, so I've settled for a combination of both.

It's meant for adults, so I'm definitely going to be out of place. And though my grandfather will be with me, I severly doubt that I'm going to know anyone else enough to carry on a conversation. I'm not much of a talker, much less so with people I don't know. Call it a flaw in my character.

So now, here I sit, wolfing down Reese's peanut butter cup cereal [I felt like spoiling myself today] and wondering what the following hours will hold. When I return at 4, if I'm not with Thena or Aphrie, I will try to remember to post again.

Wish me luck, and perhaps a bit of sanity. :]

1 comment:

Ammietia (a girl you once knew) said...

O_O I'd be more than a little scared too if I was going to a writers' conference. People I don't know = Bad, Adults I don't know = Really bad.

I hope you had a good time though.