"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Monday, February 18, 2008

The View From Here

From today--Monday, February 18 [it just took me four tries to type February lol]--my view looks rather, well, good. This week is my winter break [THANK YOU JESUS] so I don't have to go to that wretched prison until next Monday.

And you can bet your bum I've got some awesome plans. :]

Today, tomorrow, and Wednesday will be regular break days. I won't get up until I want to, and I'll really and truly "get ready for the day" before I leave the house. I'll actually eat a real breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and I'll stay up late with my girls and boys just for the fun of it. It's going to be shaweet.

Then, on Thursday, the five of us girlies are going to the Kalahari water park at Cedar Point. :D !

Kailey, Aphrie, Thena, Maddy, and I will depart from boring old Michigan in the afternoon on Thursday and refuse to return until Friday evening. Check out the waterpark here. The five of us are going to make the Kalahari folks wish they'd never even opened their doors. ;]

I guess, though, that's just how we roll. As Aphrie puts it, "I want a place that will give me something to do at midnight. Hot dresses, shameless flirting..."

Yeah. I'm stoked. :] :]

On Saturday, bright and early in the morning, I leave for Kettering University. I'll be spending Saturday and Sunday there with the SWE [Society of Women Engineers] and again, I'm stoked. This is probably the best break I've ever had. Ever.

If I can, I'll post again soon, but I doubt it. I've got a busy schedule coming up here, and I don't intend to squander a single minute.

To the day, the night, and every wonderful second in between. :]

No comments: