"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Friday, August 24, 2007

Tornado! :D

Writing from Thena's house right now--we'd planned to go to our school's first varsity football game, but based on the weather right now, I don't think we're going anywhere.

Anyone else who lives in southeastern Michigan ought to be inside right now. Don't go out, guys. Stay inside.

In Macomb County, where I live, there is a severe thunderstorm warning. In the surrounding counties, appearing to make a ring around the very city where I live, there's a withstanding tornado warning and at least one has touched the ground. On the news, all three channels are focusing on the highly inclement weather.

Lol. Gotta love Michigan. This is just how it is for us. You think they'd be used to it by now, ya know?

2 comments:

affirmedreality said...

AWESOME! I wish there was a tornado near my house... I think there was one a few years ago. Nothing got destroyed though...

heh, funny how even though i dislike death and destruction, i still want to see a tornado. :P

Ammietia (a girl you once knew) said...

Tornadoes?! O__O I'm paranoid about the whole natural disaster stuff. Along with diseases (mostly part of my imagination) If I were there, my friends would be tying me to a tree and putting duct tape over my mouth to keep me shut up!