"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Monday, August 27, 2007

Anne Boleyn, She Kept a Tin

...which all her hopes and dreams were in.

Tehehe. I have the song "Transylvania" by McFly stuck in my head right now [click on the McFly link to the right to go to their MySpace, scroll down in the player, and listen]. For the mildly clueless, those pretty words up yonder make up the first two lines.

My other favorite part of that song is the second half of the chorus:

Ugly is the world we're on
If I'm right, then prove me wrong
I'm stunned to find a place we belong

Talk about weird. Those three little lines summarize my perspective on life right now.

The world is indeed VERY ugly, and I'd love for somebody to prove me wrong on that. And I am stunned to find that in this ugly world, there is a kind of reality in which I and my siblings can belong.

Strangely compelling, eh?

No comments: