"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Shplorin' and Schoolin'

I've been exploring the Blogger world today, and it makes me happy to see that there are so many people like me. Writers and dreamers who want to know things about the reality they live in. It's like a breath of fresh air--a trumpet sounding out a tune that clearly screams I AM NOT ALONE!

Like I said, it's nice. Keep commenting, guys. Keep talking to me. I'll keep talking to you. We may be trapped between adulthood and childhood, but that doesn't mean we have to be alone. We've always got each other. :]

Also today, after a delicious breakfast at Ram's Horn with Aphrie, we drove up to our high school in her old Cougar and registered for our junior year of high school. I love seeing how some kids get all excited over it--blasphemy, isn't it? Registration always sucks. Always. No doubt in my mind.

My pictures should be interesting--I finally wore red. I was waiting until this year to do so, because I look best in red and this picture will be on my ID for two years. And I did my hair differently [quit laughing... yes, I actually do my hair on occasion] and wore some makeup [shut up!] and threw on a necklace. It could be interesting.

My schedule for the first semester:
Spanish IV
AP Government/Politics U.S.
Honors English 11
AP Psychology
Physics
ACC Trigonometry/Analytical Geometry

Shoot me?

It's going to be a long semester. Oh, and they moved my locker assignment [stupidly enough]--I'm in the old senior section. It used to be only for seniors, but now it's for everyone. Including me. I don't quite know how or when I'll be able to get to my locker, but I'll live.

Picked up my yearbook from last year today--breaking news! It's terrible! There are enough spelling mistakes to wallpaper my bedroom and they absolutely murdered the swim team's page. They spelled a bunch of names wrong and under a picture of my friend Seph, in which she is quite clearly in the STARTING POSITION for backstroke, they wrote that she was getting out of the pool after her race. IDIOTS. I stopped reading after that.

Homecoming is September 22. I already bought a dress [silver, princess-y, sparkly, quite unlike anything I've had before]. A date, though, I will not have, unless by some miracle Prince Charming strolls into my English class and asks for my hand. Ha. Yeah. Aphrie and I decided to go without dates unless we were asked--going with friends is just too weird to do anymore. It's too awkward.

School starts in one week and six days. EW. Not looking forward to the daily grind. But whatever--I'll make it through high school.

In the words of Stephenie Meyer-- "Don't let anybody tell you that high school is fun. College is fun. High school is to be endured."

Arty is [calling her friends to find out who she can talk to in Gov, and] OUT. :]

4 comments:

affirmedreality said...

hee... School starts in 6 days for me. I see you're in all the advanced classes. I hate advanced classes. Because of them I in none of my friends' classes...

NovemberRain said...

thanks for the encouragement! im just starting to realize that. about your post though, it's not so much that i don't know which parent i belong with, they've been separated since i was 3, it's that i cant move in with my dad because my mom would prob not talk to me ever again [totally serious] but i don't know much longer i can take living with her.

ps: nice quote. stephenie meyer books complete my life. if only edward was real... [sighs]
:)

Ammietia (a girl you once knew) said...

ACC Trigonometry/Analytical Geometry ??? I don't even want to know! I'm still waiting for my schedule *sigh* what will fate put on my plate for this year. Probably nothing good.

Stephenie Meyer rocks! <3 Edward (even though everyone probably does!)

Abby said...

Yeah, Ammietia--I'm not looking forward to Trig either. Sort of one of those fifty-five minute self-induced purgatories.

Mmm. Gross.