"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Saturday, June 2, 2007

Frangas, Non Flectes.

I spoke of changes, life changes. Big changes. And, well, I'm not a liar, so...

To start, my dad and his girlfriend [known as MR on here until I make up a codename] got engaged and will be married in about a year from now. Needless to say, I'm excited. My brother and I are going to be the best man and the maid of honor [in that respective order], so it will be the first time I've ever been in a wedding. It will also be the first wedding I can ever remember attending at all. I'm not sure how real weddings go; the ones in the movies and in TV shows, I'm told, are lacking in validity. It ought to be awesome.

Because of this new change, we've moved into MR's house. That means a new room for me, one that I'm not required to share with my brother. And a new room means only one thing:

Decorating. :D

I've already promised my friends that they can help paint. For now, I'm looking at a black and white theme, drawing on my love of opposites and contradiction. I've always been partial to that combination, as have so many before me; the two colors somehow represent me completely. Black for my depth and varying emotions, white for my remaining naivety and innocence.

Like I said, I'm excited. With this change also comes some more family--more cousins, more aunts and uncles, more people to learn from. Of course, I would NEVER forget about the family I've already got... I love you guys more than anything in this world. I'm just glad to get more--never can have too many people to surround you and love you. :D

Does change ever stop? Nope. I used to think it was something to avoid, something sent by an angry God to punish me. Apparently it's not, because everybody experiences it. No God could possibly be that furious...

I now embrace change, even bad change. I've noticed that what I find to be frightening and "scary" usually turns out to be okay. All you adults are scoffing, calling this little lesson "common sense." Do you really think so? I don't. Kids hate change. We like our little worlds to keep spinning solidly, without any interruptions, and the day we learn that life doesn't work that way is the day we spin into reality.

Hello, world. I'm just a little girl, still hanging onto wishes and dreams. Hello, reality. Don't mind me. I'm only here to stay, that's all.

I'm only here to stay. To stay, to change, and to learn.

No comments: