"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Back to the World

[Sigh] Time flies, so I've been told. And apparently bad bloggers forget to blog when time moves just a little bit too quickly.

Since May 12th, many things have changed. Me, for one, along with some of my friends. But I suppose change is the only constant in this world.

We raised more than enough money to go to Globals for DI. From May 23rd to the 27th, I had the time of my life with four people who make me feel complete. We didn't compete well, coming in 30th out of 60-something teams, but hey--it was worth the fun.

School ends in three weeks [insert thunderous applause and thanks to God]. I can't wait. It always seems like summer never comes fast enough, like it's just a couple weeks behind. Always.

But as to change... In these past two [or three?] weeks, I can honestly say I've matured as a person. Do teenagers always say that? I'm not sure, but I feel older. A lot older. Not an adult, no, but someone older and wiser with more of a purpose in the world. It's a cool feeling.

My close friends have grown up, too. We're finally turning into "people" instead of just "kids." Is that a good thing? No idea. But I like this newly-discovered maturity.

I leave you now with little to think about and even less to say. I promise that soon, very soon, I will blog "fo reals" and actually give my words some substance.

Abbs is [tired, and] out.

No comments: