"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Feeling Beat? Have a Beat.

I've got the exam blues, so I'm diving into my music headfirst. Well, not "my" music, seeing as I haven't touched the piano in weeks and my amateur guitar hands are callous-free, but the music that I prefer to bless my ears.

Recently heard a band called "The Hush Sound" [via Thena, my human jukebox]. I highly recommend them if you like upbeat, imagery-packed music. Well-written, very talented, very happy. Even when they're singing about death and impending doom, they're happy. =D


Along with Hush, I'd prescribe a strong dose of Muse. Louder, more "angry." Good words, though, and strong beats to keep you distracted. Works for me, anyway.

If you want to see what I currently have stuck in my head, go into my profile [up at the top... yes, there] and click on "Audio Clip." Once you're on the site, go to "Wine Red."

If you want to try Muse, go to
www.purevolume.com/muse. I have most of those stuck in my head, too...

Three cheers for three days of school until liberation. Hip, hip, freakin' hooray. :)

No comments: