"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Cut 'n Shtyled

I just got home from a haircut, a haircut that I must say was WAY overdue and pretty much made my week. Maybe my year. I haven't decided yet. :D

I got seven inches taken off. Seven inches. Count them-- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7! My head feels like it's floating, no longer weighed down by two feet of hair.

For those of you who have never seen me in person [which should be very few of you because that's way creepy], my hair was ridiculously long. Literally two feet long and obnoxiously wavy/curly/thick/retarded. Now it's GONE! You can understand my elation.

Now, I won't even pretend that I have the curliest/waviest hair ever. My redheaded Irish friend would pummel me. And I won't say it's the thickest, because dear Kailey's is twice as thick.

No. My hair does not win those particular awards. Instead, it wins the prize for being the frizziest.

I'm not talking a little bit of controllable, friendly frizz. Not even healthy frizz. I have ridiculous, obnoxious, disgusting, revolting, catastrophic frizz. Picture a large hedgehog perched on top of a human head... snarling.

Ha. Snarling. Some day [possibly today?] I'll Photoshop a hedgehog into one of my pictures. And you can bet your right eye it'll bear a striking resemblance to my unruly hair.

Arty is [looking more like a nymph and less like an elf, if that's possible, and] OUT.

No comments: