"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Friday, June 29, 2007

Oo-de-laly CALI!

I just finished packing my shtuff into two medium-sized suitcases and filling my carry-on bag with some new books. Yep, plane ride. Yep, vacation.

And not just any vacation. Oh, no. [insert quote from Dane Cook's "Kool-Aid" sequence for the immature of us... ha]

I am going to CALIFORNIA! :D :D

I've been there twice, but as far as I'm concerned, it doesn't count if you can't remember it. Which, of course, I can't. I was four and six years old at those times. Do you really think I can even remember being fifteen? Nope.

So tomorrow, around 10ish, a plane will hopefully [gotta love Northwest] leave for L.A., and I'll be on it. Probably asleep, but still present and breathing.

If I have time, I'll blog from Cali. With pictures. If I don't have time, I won't. :)

Upon returning, I will wait two days and then leave for Double J Ranch with Thena and her family. Then we'll come home and go to Cedar Point the next day. Two days later I'll see Wicked [again] in Kalamazoo. Then I'll leave two days after that for D.C. and Williamsburg.

Yeah... I'll be home for either 6 or 7 days, nonconsecutively, in the entire month of July. I find that pretty much sweet.

Of course I'll miss my home and friends! Don't be stupid. I love them too much to not miss them. But I love traveling. A lot. A lot. Which is why I'm so very excited, and making small girlish noises that resemble what some call "giggles."

Ha. Sort of. Tehehe!

No comments: