"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Sunday, June 10, 2007

El Verano... FINALLY.

With just five days of school left, I thought I'd post my summer plans. They cannot even begin to compare with Lyrika's [Europe for a monthish with her orchestra] but I thought they sounded pretty good to me.

To start, I'll head to California for a week. As I haven't been there since I was four, there's a lot I need to catch up on--and I will. We're doing everything. Literally, everything. I can't wait.

Following Cali is a trip to DC and Williamsburg. I haven't been out east since I was maybe 9 [I think? Idk] so again, mucho catching-up [Excuse me while I stab myself in the face for using Spanglish]. It should be fun, full of my own family history. Having a genealogist for a grandmother definitely has its perks...

In the midst of all this, I'll be seeing Wicked [again], going to an all-out country concert, heading up north to my friend's cottage, and probably going on a few adventures with the girls. It should be amazing, this summer... my last summer before college selection days.

Sigh... Childhood's almost over. So I'm going out with a bang.

No comments: