"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Stolen Words

I can't put how I'm feeling right now into my words. I had a very long weekend, the kind that wears you down not only mentally, but physically, and starts to tear at your heart after awhile.

If I must choose words, I'll steal some from Rascal Flatts for now. Say what you want about them, I like the majority of their music and I love this particular song. True, I'm not losing a lover [don't have one of those to lose, thank goodness] but the deeper emotions are right on track.

Lyrics for "I Feel Bad":

I should be out in that driveway stopping you
Tears should be rolling down my cheek
And I don't know why I'm not falling apart like I usually do
And how the thought of losing you is not killing me

I feel bad
That I can stand here strong, cold as stone
Seems so wrong, I can't explain it
Maybe it's just I've cried so much
I'm tired and I'm numb, I hate it
I feel bad that I don't feel bad


I can let myself be angry over wasted time
And sad about just throwing love away
I almost wish my heart was breaking, but I can't lie
All I want to do is turn the page

I feel bad
That I can stand here strong, cold as stone
Seems so wrong, I can't explain it
Maybe it's just I've cried so much
I'm tired and I'm numb, I hate it
I feel bad

That I don't feel bitter, alone
I just feel it's time, it's time to move on
I just gotta move on and on and on and on...

No comments: