"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Missing You

To you, from me. Lyrics that [as always] can explain everything I can't put into my own words:

I always needed time on my own
I never thought I'd need you there when I cried
And the days feel like years when I'm alone
And the bed where you lie is made up on your side...

I've never felt this way before
Everything that I do reminds me of you
And the clothes you left, they lie on the floor
And they smell just like you
I love the things that you do

When you walk away, I count the steps that you take
Do you see how much I need you right now?

When you're gone, the pieces of my heart are missing you
When you're gone, the face I came to know is missing, too
When you're gone, the words I need to hear
To always get me through the day, and make it okay
I miss you.

Avril Lavigne, "When You're Gone" [most of it, anyway]. Credit, cookies, and tears to you.

No comments: