"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Monday, September 10, 2007

[I Could Use a] Lesson #18

One more thing before I go to bed.

Being the outspoken, feisty, and stubborn girl that I am, I could use some restraint. A lot of restraint, perhaps. So I don't say the things I shouldn't

To teach myself a little, here's Lesson #18:

While surfing the web one day, I came across a personal site [it may have been a blog, I'm not sure] that had this quote, written by the author of the site. I just found it again now:

"Long ago, I had a voice, a place, a purpose.
Long ago, I used my voice, I left my place, I lost my purpose.
Today, I caution my voice, I sit still in my place, I search for my purpose."

Credit and cookies to the writer. I love this phrase.

I'm still stuck in part 2, using my voice and leaving my place. I thought I knew I purpose, but I think it got lost in time.

I would love more than anything to move on to part 3. It's my new goal, to hold back more often instead of speaking when I shouldn't and moving when I should be still.

Regret is a powerful adversary. Don't let it eat you alive like it's eating me. Don't do it.

No comments: