"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Dead.

I am dead. There's no other explanation for this. I must be dead. Because I'm barely functioning.

If I focus, if I really try, I can get some brain activity. But unless I'm willing to dedicate 3 hours to 6 EASY physics problems [as I just did right now, for the record], I won't get anything done. It's pathetic.

I'm just dead. It's not even exhaustion, really, though I am tired. It's just... nothingness. Like my head has turned off. Like a switch got flipped.

Like I'm dreaming, though I'm wide awake.

I want to write my stories and it's just not happening. I want to succeed in school and I feel like I'm dragging myself from class to class. The mind that was once on top of it all, ahead of the game, is now ridiculously slow. And it's only the second week of school.

This is going to be a long year. At least I know that from here, it can't get any worse.

I sure hope not, anyway. :/

No comments: