"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Hi, I'm an Elf.

So a few of my dear, sweet sisters have recently decided that their littlest sister [by only a inconsequential difference, I say] deserves to be reminded of her short stature. Constantly.

Who's the littlest sister? Oh, that's right. Me.

Out of all my "siblings," I am the shortest. Not by much, probably only two or three inches from the next shortest person, but still enough to earn me the title. I stand at 5 feet, 3.5 inches, a height that anyone in my family tree would be proud to have [ha!] yet still puts me below average.

My sisters love to rub this in. "Oh, she's little, she can sit in the back where there's no leg room" [I recently corrected this assumption, and we're on a taking-turns basis now]. "She's smallest, she can go get the things on the bottom shelf." "You're the smallest, you can wear this little dress."

Grr. I am NOT short!

Dresses, I'll admit, are a problem. Long ones are too, well, long--they drag on the ground unless I get them altered. Tea-length dresses can all too often look like floods. And short dresses make me look like a pixie.

Yes. Pixie. No joke. Maddy and I went shopping forever ago, I tried on a short green dress, and the nickname was born. I looked like a gosh-darn pixie.

That's only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to short jokes, though--I've heard far worse. Fairy. Elf. Nymph [not nympho, you idiots]. Imp.

I just have to keep reminding myself that I really and truly do love my sisters. I love my sisters. I love my sisters. I love my sisters. Especially Tia--she doesn't think I'm short. Shorter, but not short.

Sigh... This is ridiculous. Can't I just have one more inch?

2 comments:

Madeline Morgan said...

abigail christine morgan, you are not short. How often do i have to tell you this?

-Madeline dear<3

Abby said...

Lol this is coming from the twin who's three inches taller...

You're just trying to make me feel better. But that's okay, it's working. :D

Hearts and smiles, Maddy! :] <3