"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Lmao.

For those of you who live in a small [but seemingly well-furnished] cave and were born before the invention of the wheel, that acronym does indeed mean "laughing my arse off." I edit for the children's sake.

But I really am peeing my pants laughing right now [rotfpmplmao... I'll let you figure that one out]. Not because of the irony in the fact that my prediction about this week was totally off base, and not because it's ironic that I'm incredibly sick during one of the most stressful weeks of the school year.

No, I'm laughing because it's singles' week.

Honestly. What the heck is that? I read the headline on my Yahoo page just a few minutes ago and almost died. "Hey, you're single and alone! Let's celebrate!" Lol.

How fitting, though. The one week when my entire high school is turned upside-down as all the girls try to find dates for homecoming, it's singles' week. Hilarious, don't you think?

It's also quite funny how the ratio of girls to guys in my school is something like 3:1. Ew. You'd think that they'd at least try to make it fair on us girls.

I gave up on finding a date. I really don't want one. The past two years, I've found guys to go with, but it wasn't anything other than, "Hey. You're a boy. I'm a girl. We don't have dates, and we could be considered friends. Let's go together." Not really up there on the romantic list. Didn't even make the list, actually...

So I gave up. Who needs boys anyway? All they do is find ways to hurt you, don't they? It's what they're good at. And being immature. They're good at that, too.

I probably won't post again until Sunday, because each night this week is dedicated to something strikingly more important that this blog. I know, it sounds ridiculous--what could possibly be more important to me than this? But I actually do have a life outside of the Internet, despite popular belief, and that life makes demands every now and then that must be met.

Wednesday is dance, and the DI kick-off meeting. Thursday is loads of homework [that's not a prediction, that's just a fact] and a very long nail appointment, because I'm not going to homecoming with stubs for fingers. I refuse. Friday is the pep assembly, homecoming game, and a fruitless attempt at getting some sleep so I'm conscious the next day. And Saturday, of course, is the homecoming dance itself, followed by an afterparty, sleepover, and Sunday morning southern-style breakfast [courtesy of Thena's mother and grandmother].

In the midst of all this, I shall attempt to not only get all of my homework done, but also try to recover from whatever virus/disease is currently attacking my ill-fated immune system. I will have to do some writing and piano-playing as well, because I'm really slacking in both departments and I'm getting worse and worse as time goes on. Not the course I'd like to take.

This schedule, this little train called Life, is really getting on my nerves. The conductor stole my baggage, I lost my ticket, and the food tastes like stale paper. I can't even find my way back to my train car.

Can't I just get off for awhile? Can't I have a break? Or am I trapped forever on this never-ending track?

Arty's [feeling ugh, and] out.

No comments: