"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

School, Take 2

Yep. Second day of school was almost as bad as the first. Less homework [and no broken car] made it slightly more bearable. But a certain teacher from hell, Thena leaving early, and plenty of disappointed hopes shoved it back down to "terrible."

No, I'm not being unnecessarily negative. Can't you see that I absolutely hate this whole system with every bone in my body? Can't you see that school is intolerable to me?

I just want to be done with school. Nothing about it appeals to me. With a few exceptions, it's nothing but a breeding ground for stupid and annoying kids. Girls who have nothing better to do than show off their bodies and flirt with boys. Boys who are only interested in the girls who can overlook their idiotic tendencies and flirt with them. Boys and girls who don't give a damn about their futures and only want to go to dances and have fun and flirt some more.

Honestly. If you took the average IQ from my graduating class alone, you'd come to a whopping 60. And the only reason it's higher than around a 35 is because of the very few intelligent, free-thinking people who brought up the score. It disgusts me.

I'm going to do my homework like a good girl and make it through these next two years only because I have no other options. And when that's through, I'll make it through college. And after that, a life-long career.

And maybe, someday, I'll find a place where I actually belong. Not a place where I just pretend to.

No comments: