"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Who Called It?

Like I said, late Sunday night, right?

Anyway. Relay for Life was a great experience. I have to admit, I cried during the Luminaria walk, despite my aversion to public crying. It was rough, you know? So many people all feeling angry and sad and hurt, all at the same time... My emotional sensors went haywire. And that didn't even include the fact that I, too, was feeling those very same emotions.

With that combination weighing on my heart, I cried like a little girl and forgot to be ashamed.

It did get quite cold, but I curled up in Treble's tent with six other girls and slept for a few hours that night. The wind and rain couldn't stop us from having a good time. I think my total distance for the walk was eleven miles, a sum that definitely can't compare to what some of the other kids did. If I'm sore, they must be in agony...

And yet, it was worth it. It was all worth the effort. May cancer rot in the hell in deserves.

No comments: