"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

"The Corkscrew was Two Minutes of My Life that I Will Never Get Back."

We went to Cedar Point today for physics. Unlike my last [awful] visit to CP, I actually got to ride some rides--Iron Dragon [twice, lol], Millennium, Maverick, Magnum [we're going for an "M" theme], Corkscrew, and Wicked Twister. Still no Raptor, as I strongly believe the staff for that ride is conspiring against me.

However, in a fashion quite similar to that of my last trip, it poured. First it drizzled, then it stormed, then it drizzled, etc. Sort of ick. My clothes are very wet [see posts about last Sunday for a detailed explanation about how much I hate being wet] and my hair somewhat resembles a deflated porcupine.

I had fun, though. Maverick is ridiculously fast and quite cool/spectacular as long as you keep your head back so your ears don't bounce against the harness. Corkscrew still sucks about as much as it always does; I really don't know why I ever ride that one. And Millennium is still freaking scary and amazing...

A good and bad day overall, I suppose. Nothing too special but nothing too terrible. At least I wasn't in school. :D

No comments: