"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Saturday, May 31, 2008

And all I could do was roll my eyes.

I just finished working tonight, and as usual, Abby was the victim of yet another embarrassing situation.

Part of my job at Panera is to clean the restrooms, a job I reluctantly but dutifully perform every time I work a closing shift. Honestly, it's not that bad. But today was hilarious.

Protocol says I must knock on the men's door, listen for a reply, and then cautiously peer into the room. Well, I did, and nobody was there, so I entered and propped open the door so any intruders would see me and realize that they needed to wait a few minutes.

A man walks in, stares at me for a second, and proceeds to pee. With me standing there, still in a bit of shock that he is actually going to do what he's doing.

Umm, no thanks?

So I slammed the paper towel dispenser shut and scurried out the door, eager to leave Mr. Modest behind. I relayed my story to Thing 2 [one of my twinsie friends that works there] and she just laughed, saying that such incidences occur quite often and that I was lucky not to have seen more than I did. Which, I might add, was much more than I desired to see.

What happened to decency??

No comments: