"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Music Fix

Yesterday, when Cassie and I were doing our homework, a song came on her iPod that I hadn't heard before [what a surprise]. I definitely loved it, so I felt like sharing it with you. If I can somehow find a way to legally get it onto this blog's playlist, I will.

It's called "I'm Yours," by Jason Mraz. I much prefer the alternate version to the regular, but they're both very cool. The second one is called "I'm Yours (from the Casa Nova Sessions)" [or something along those lines] on iTunes if you're interested. Ignore the diabolically bad grammar if it bugs you--I'm immune to it by now. Direct result of being in high school with idiots who can't speak properly.

Lyrics:

Well, you done done me and you bet I felt it
I tried to be chill but you're so hot that I melted
I fell right through the cracks, and now I'm trying to get back
Before the cool done run out I'll be giving it my bestest
And nothing's gonna stop me but divine intervention
I reckon it's again my turn to win some or learn some

I won't hesitate no more, no more
It cannot wait, I'm yours

Well, open up your mind and see like me
Open up your plans and damn, you're free
Look into your heart and you'll find love, love, love
Listen to the music at the moment, dance and sing
We're just one big family
It's your god-intended right to be loved, loved, loved, loved

So I won't hesitate no more, no more
It cannot wait, I'm sure
There's no need to complicate, our time is short
This is our fate, I'm yours

I've been spending way too long checking my tongue in the mirror
And bending over backwards just to try to see it clearer
My breath fogged up the glass
So I drew a new face and I laughed
I guess what I'm a-saying is there ain't no better reason
To rid yourself of vanity and just go with the seasons
It's what we aim to do, our name is our virtue

I won't hesitate no more, no more
It cannot wait, I'm sure
There's no need to complicate, our time is short
It cannot wait, I'm yours

No, please don't complicate, our time is short
This is our fate, I'm yours
No, please don't hesitate no more, no more
It cannot wait, the sky is yours...



There's a bit more, but most of it is just one huge variation of the whole song, so I don't really feel obligated to post it...

More in a bit. Abbs will catch you later.

No comments: