"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Sunday, May 11, 2008

I Dried My Hair with a Bathroom Hand Dryer Today [Thought You'd Like to Know]

It might interest you to hear that now I'm not only badly sunburned from Saturday, but also twelve hundred degrees colder than the natural temperature as a result of today.

Instead of having a pretty day, we got a downpour, and I got to literally stand in the torrents of rain from noon until six. I've never been so cold; I still don't have feeling in my toes. I contemplated cutting my clothing off when I got home simply because it would be less painful than trying to peel off the soaked jeans...

I'm finally starting to warm up. Was it worth the money? It kind of has to be, I think. We needed it. Two days of yuck is worth it, I suppose [see two posts ago if you have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about].

But I'm going to smell like wet dog from now until Christmas, and that sort of--no, really disgusts me.

1 comment:

Ammietia (a girl you once knew) said...

Ugh. I'd be as disgusted as you. I've got an aversion to the smell of wet dog.

And the antics of dogs combined with the smell of them wet, well that explains why I prefer cats better.