"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Thursday, January 3, 2008

I Hereby Resolve

Here they are, folks. The long-awaited, highly-anticipated NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION(s).

I went with eight--as previously stated--and now I find myself eager to begin a brand new year. 2008! What a number. In a year from now, I'll be almost done with high school [YESSS!].

Let the resolving commence by my saying that you may not understand these. Some are pretty straightfoward, but some of them... aren't. Just keep smiling and stick with me.

2008 New Year's Resolutions for Abigail Morgan:

1) Better understand my own power and weaknesses. Pretty self-explanatory. I want to know me, and I want to know me well.

2) Better understand the world around me, including its power and weaknesses. Along with coming to terms with myself, I feel I should open my eyes a bit and come to understand the people around me as much as is humanly possibly.

3) Resolve our fairy tale--for better or for worse. No matter the end to this madness, guys, it's gotta come to a close. Despite the consequences.

4) Strengthen relationships worth strengthening, and sever those that aren't. I can't keep hanging on to dead weight or parasites. Be gone, nasties!

5) Finish The Heiress by the end of the summer. For me, this is a ridiculously optimistic goal. I will do my best, however, to meet my own goals...

6) Finish at least half of The Emperor by Christmas. Lol. Now I'm really being ambitious.

7) Maintain my academic success to earn the scholarships I want. I have quite a bit of school still ahead of me, but with any luck, my grades will stay put and I'll somehow manage to get into Kettering.

8) Get back the healthy me. I promised I'd want to get into shape, didn't I?


There you have it, niƱos. My goals for the next 363 days [yes, I counted February 29th].

Here's to a whole year of getting what we wish for.

No comments: