"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Monday, January 7, 2008

Odd?

Today was one of the weirdest days so far this school year. It made absolutely no sense. Not a bit. Nothing. Nada.

Let's start with the weather. Just last week we were experiencing temperatures so low that I didn't even want to look outside. There was a mound of snow at the end of my driveway, and ice splattered all across the streets...

And now today, it's a humid 55 and every last trace of snow has vanished. It's absolutely ridiculous.

My school day itself was a bit strange, too. For one thing, it didn't feel real; I felt like I was dreaming all day long. For another, I was a bit on the giddy side. I know that that sounds entirely impossible, but I was indeed giggling childishly and grinning from ear to ear. Without any cause or reason.

I drifted through classrooms, barely focused on my surroundings. I did each class's homework in the hour before it was due, something I never do; I studied for my third hour quiz in second hour, did my fourth hour reading in third hour, did my fifth hour homework during lunch, studied for sixth hour in fifth hour...

What was wrong with me? I don't know. I just sort of breezed through everything, breathing in and out and not really caring about much else. "Oh, you want me to answer a question, Teacher? I would love to, but I haven't been listening for the past twenty minutes..."

And just like that, I arrived at my house, completely unaware that we'd been driving home in the first place. I now sit before my computer with a baffled look upon my face as I ponder where all of the daytime went.

What a peculiar eight hours. Thank God they're over...

1 comment:

Ammietia (a girl you once knew) said...

So I'm not the only one who got abnormally warm weather? It freaked me out today, finding only small bits of blackened snow and fields of mud when I stepped out the door. I was warm in a sweater! I'm not complaining though, its nice out now.

~Ammietia