"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Narrowing it Down

I just got back from Chicago yesterday. It was a great trip, I must say, but we all know how well I post about vacations. [For those of us who are new to this little place, I'll fill you in: When it comes to posting about long-term events, I pretty much suck. Never gets done.]

So I'll just say it was a great trip. Lots of fun. I enjoyed myself. :]

As for right now, I'm editing this blog. Changing the colors and such. I'm also changing the quote on top, because I listened to a ton of music yesterday [car ride=iPod] and I found quite a few options.

...changing quote...

All right. Because I'm sentimental and sappy, I feel the need to share with you the two runner-ups. The ones that got away. These are the quotes I almost used and decided against, for various reasons:

"Every so often we long to steal
To the land of what might have been
But that doesn't soften the ache we feel
When reality sets back in...
Don't wish, don't start
Wishing only wounds the heart..."
--I'm Not That Girl [from the musical Wicked...lol]

"She would never say where she came from
And yesterday don't matter if it's gone
And while the sun is bright
Or in the darkest night, no one knows
She comes and goes...
Don't question why she needs to be so free
She'll tell you it's the only way to be
And she just can't be chained..."
--Ruby Tuesday, Rolling Stones [but I like the version by the Corrs]

Like I said, I had my reasons for not using them, but I felt that they needed their recognition. If I explained it to you... Well, I don't think I can.

To music, to words, and to the strange power they possess when combined.
--Abbsigail

1 comment:

Abby said...

PS... When I changed the quote, I changed to one from Jupiter Sunrise's "Steal Me."

Obviously, I've already changed it to something else...