"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

A Few Tiny Things

Breaking Dawn.

Do I actually need to continue? Well, I will anyway. Holy crap. What a freaking amazing book! No spoilers here--I promise--but I've read it twice since Saturday at 12:01 and it pretty much changed my world. All I can think about.

Thank you, Stephenie Meyer, for existing and writing books. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Thank you.

Some other things... My senior pictures are on the 13th. Should be fun. Kailey's coming with me [I went with her] and I've already got all my clothes picked out. The shot I'm most excited about is the one I'm doing with sheet music, in my black and red dress. :] :]

Heiress and Common and Emperor are absolutely nowhere near finished. Nowhere. Still stuck in the same rut as before, I'm afraid. However, Heiress will be worked on soon, because I've got some handwritten continuations [that I wrote on hotel paper in Chicago] to add to the typed version, and that ought to inspire me further.

Sad fact: I will not have published a book by the time I turn eighteen. It's the goal I've had since I was six, and it will not be met.

Sigh. I can't say I'm not upset about this, because I am. But honestly, what more could I have done? An editor has my book sitting on her desk, and she's been too busy to call me back. I don't have any magic strings to pull... Well, maybe before I graduate from college. Sounds more reasonable, I think.

Still irks me, though.

I'm also in the middle of writing a song right now. I much prefer writing novels, but it's self-satisfying somehow. I already have the words--I've had them written since I was maybe ten [garage band, Pinks? Remember those days?]--but I have to hammer out the melody via piano chords. I'm not going to try anything ridiculously fancy, because I pretty much suck at writing music, but I figure having a solid piano melody should fulfill this strange need I have to finish this song.

It's not even that good of a song, and yet I feel obligated to complete it. Sigh.

Work has been...work. Same as forever. Love it and hate it simultaneously. I won't deny that I have a blast with my coworkers and managers [I absolutely adore them], but angry customers piss me off. Royally. They love to assume I'm some sort of idiot because I have a job at a restaurant; they forget that smart kids have to make money, too, and we have to settle for whatever we can find. Working a register does not diminish my IQ, I believe, and customers would do well to remember that.

Honestly, why would you ever mess with the people who handle your food, anyway?

That's all I'll rant about for today. Not because I don't have more to say, but because I'm out of time. Gotta shower and make myself presentable so my mother and I can go comforter shopping...

Catch you on the flipside, kids. [ahhhh Cassie :P]

1 comment:

Ammietia (a girl you once knew) said...

I loved Breaking Dawn, had to read it as fast as possible (prompted by the fact that I had three people waiting on me, and also, I was tired of squealing and then not being able to talk to anyone about it). It was quite... wow, there were moments I was just baffled by everything.

Hopefully you can finish your novels soon, and get out of that rut. I still need to edit a bunch of things on my novel, but I can't make myself do it.