"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Monday, July 7, 2008

Playlisting

I'm doing my best right now--which isn't very good, mind you--to create a playlist that follows the plot of The Hidden. It's...difficult. I borrowed the idea from Stephenie Meyer, but I'm having a bit of trouble.

I figured that for each part of the book [there are ten "parts" instead of chapters], I should have a song that matches each event. Probably somewhere around 5 or 6 songs per part. Maybe...?

So I'm working on it. Here's what I've got so far [it's just Part I]:

Symphony No. 9 (Scherzo), Beethoven
Ruled by Secrecy, Muse
A Bad Dream, Keane
World Spins Madly On, The Weepies
Dark Blue, Jack's Mannequin
Beauty in Walking Away, MariƩ Digby
Run, Snow Patrol
Telling Lies, Great Northern

I think that does it. Part I is the longest of the ten parts, so it's only fitting that it has more songs than I thought it would...

Maybe I'll finish this someday. Probably. I don't know. I hope so. :]

2 comments:

Princess Charming said...

the four seasons techno remix by vivaldi might also be cool... idk i'm just judging by the other songs on the list. lol :)

Abby said...

hmm... i'll have to check it out. i don't know if it will fit any parts but i sure can see. :]