"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Monday, January 22, 2007

I daresay, I'm offended.

I was recently informed that I think too much. It was said that I am too deep, that I apply too many parallels to utterly useless information and try to make something out of nothing too many times in one day. It was also added that when I did overthink things, I made them sound like "MAJOR ISSUES" and that not everything in life deserved a blog entry simply because it struck a funny chord inside my head.

To this, I had three possible responses. The first was simple, nothing more than "okay" followed by a silence that clearly screamed "I truly don't care what other people think." The second was more complicated and involved a long-winded debate, defending my position in that thinking is a good thing and builds character, as well as creating the foundation for INTELLIGENCE. [!]

I went with the third. It was concise, to the point, easy to say, and made me feel very good inside when I was through...




"You're an idiot."




:] -Abby

1 comment:

DanZ said...

My name is Danny Zaharia. You may not recognize my name but if you ask your mom, she'll recognize it.

I was refered to your blog by your dad Jim and was told that i would find it interesting.

Well, I am interested and do share with you many political beliefs.

I havn't seen you guys in a few years so "say hi" to your mom and brother for me. my E-mail is dzaharia@cablespeed.com

sincerely: Dan Zaharia