"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Thursday, January 4, 2007

2000What? Post II: Holidays

Christmas and New Year's. Oh my. I have quite a bit to say about those, of course. They went well this year, and I'm happy, but of course I need to vent a bit.

For a long time, I strongly disliked holidays in general, even my own birthday. Now I'm back to liking them, but it still gets to the point where you're stressed to the breaking point and are nearing closer to a snap.

Don't get me wrong, I really do like seeing my family and my friends over break and for the Christmas celebrations. I love giving presents (and getting them isn't too bad either... just kidding). But after nearly ten get-togethers, I was ready to go crazy. Or maybe I already had. Either way, by December 31st, I was a beast.

A not-very-nice beast.

But I tried to maintain good social behavior. I wasn't mean to anyone, I just felt like I'd been beaten over the head several times with a large bat. If indeed this beating did occur, I would like to lay my bets on a impish little elf being the wielder of the bat, or maybe even Santa (Jesus didn't do it- he's the real reason for the season, and I'm glad; he didn't stress me out at all).

So that's my little rant about holiday tension. Yet I survived, and at the same time, had some fun.

New Year's Eve was pretty much AMAZING. My friends and I, along with some family, gathered at my friend's house and partied it up. Christmas Day and all those other gatherings were fun too- most memorable would have to be the Ouija board my cousins brought and we messed around with all evening. Or possibly the hour and a half conversation about ghosts we women held in my kitchen. Or maybe the séance we had in my friend's family room, late Friday night. Note the odd supernatural theme here; I daresay, I really am strange. But it was all in fun (not being anti-Christ or anything here). Good times, good times.

Hope everyone else had a splendid holiday, and if you also "contacted spirits" let me know so I don't feel like a complete and total freak. :P

2 posts down, 3 to go.
-Abbsigail

No comments: