"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Friday, February 9, 2007

Gasp! :O

THE BOOK IS DONE.

Yes, that's right. I finally finished writing the book. 453 pages, a little over two years, an entire bulletin board of notes, and a heartbreaking ending that left me breathless and near tears.

I'm enjoying myself thoroughly.

I actually finished on Tuesday of this week (February 6, 2007--a day to be remembered for Abby Morgan). We didn't have school Monday or Tuesday, so I barricaded myself in my "office" and worked my way toward a severe case of carpal tunnel syndrome. Monday I was lenient, but Tuesday I cracked down... Six hours of no eating, moving, or leaving that chair. I emerged from my trance in the evening with tired eyes and a burned-out mind, but satisfied. More than satisfied.

Like I said, the ending was intense. I almost cried (and that's something big for me... I don't get worked up over books/movies that easily). I guess I've grown so attached to my characters that to see them... Well, I can't tell you. Sorry. Authors (published or not--right now I'm undecided about where I'm going to take this thing) never reveal the endings of their books.

Note the plural on that last word. Yes--there will be more than one. The novel I just finished is Book Two in a trilogy... I've yet to do books one & three. One has been started; three's just a dream. But someday, I promise you, they'll be reality.

Isn't that my purpose in life? To find reality? Take a good look at the title of this blog: Still Finding Reality. It's here, and it's real, but I'm still working on tweaking the finer points. My future is so very undecided...

So that's my "big news." Book's finished. Oh, and my father got 8th place in the ice carving competition this past week in Japan. Some day I'll pick up a chainsaw and learn (if I manage to improve my visual-spatial relations and relinquish myself from clumsiness).

Until next time--
-Abigail <3

No comments: