"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Sunday, November 23, 2008

So Gross.

I worked 11-6 yesterday and babysat with Maddy afterward. We then attempted to do physics [lol] at 11 pm, which turned out to be a total joke.

Nobody can think about conservation of energy when they're too tired to even keep their eyes open.

So I came home and collapsed. I woke up fifteen minutes ago, and I just noticed that I still smell like Panera.

Absolutely disgusting. I will never shake the smell of bread from my skin. Everybody wonders why I complain about that, seeing as the smell of Panera is a good one, but I have to disagree.

In the air, the smell of fresh-baked bread is good. On bread itself, it's good. Even co-mingled with the scents of pastries and soups, it's good.

But on a human body--a body that is tired and sweating from being around 400-degree oven for seven hours--the smell of bread is less than appetizing. Much less.

So I'm going to go shower. Maybe twice. And hopefully when I'm done my hair won't smell like coffee, or French onion, or sourdough, or asiago cheese...

No comments: