"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Knead a Family?

[Ha, ha. Bread jokes. Welcome to my life as a Panera Bread employee...]

I never really noticed until this weekend how much my coworkers at Panera mean to me. We are quite literally a huge family, complete with weirdos and crazies like any other.

Bear with me while I think up nicknames for them all...got 'em.

Papa Burgundy [donde esta la biblioteca?] is the crazy uncle you love to hang with at the family parties. Mr. Right is the big brother I wish I had, and although making fun of me is his preferred hobby, he's one of my favorite people on this planet. TheCrumbKiller is the goofy cousin you only sometimes cross. Thing 1 and Thing 2 are the favorite cousins that are ABSOLUTELY amazing. Mo-Mo is the full-of-advice cousin, and MBfromTennessee is the aunt who loves you no matter what you do wrong. Postcard loves to make fun of you but greets you with "Hello, beautiful!" and a smile. The traditionally BOH people are the distant cousins that are full of silly sarcasm and have great taste in music. Tay-Tay's the relative who loves to gossip about all the others yet can still keep them as friends. Keener's that cousin that's always in trouble [for no reason] and often hits people with her car. Oh,Schick! is the comic relief cousin, and his mom is the most awake morning person I've ever met...other than CurlyJen or ElbowGrease, of course.

And the rest are all part of this big, happy family, too.

We really and truly care about each other. Everyone. No matter what goes wrong or who messes up, we're there for each other, through thick slices and thin slices. [Ah, bread jokes.]

So I love you guys. With all my heart. Thanks for making work a place I love to be. :]

No comments: