"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Monday, November 17, 2008

Excuse Me, I Have to Matriculate.

[please, look it up if you don't know what it means...]

I TOTALLY FORGOT TO MENTION ON HERE THAT I GOT ACCEPTED TO THE HONORS COLLEGE AT MICHIGAN STATE.

!

So I got into the college I strongly wish to attend, and it makes me happy. They're also giving me some good money for a professorial assistantship, and that makes me happy.

Maddy got in too!!! Can't separate us twins, after all [jk...we're not conjoined]. We'll be rooming together, and I'm ridiculously excited. :] :] :]

And the rest of my family?

Kailey's waiting for a reply from Central Michigan, a place that she and I know like the back of our hands. The only university we might know a little bit better is University of Tennessee...because we could navigate that one in our sleep. She's looking around, too, checking out her options, searching the skies.

Cassie got three state times for swim last week, and that will look very beautiful on her swim resume for college. Grand Valley State is looking at her, and she's also shopping around to check out her choices. [She, too, could navigate U of T in her sleep, by the way.]

Pinksie got into University of Detroit Mercy and is looking forward to an ambitious career in medicine. She's got a few other colleges to check out, but she knows what she wants out of life--and gosh darn it, if I know my oldest sister, she'll get it.

Debbie, Lyrika, Things 1, Thing 2, and everyone else in this world that I love is also doing the college stuff right now. We're all so busy, sometimes we forget how to relax...how to have fun...how to breathe...

But it's worth it. So worth it. We're going places in this lifetime, I swear we are.

Work is absolutely normal, which is perfectly abnormal by normal standards. School is hilarious, but I feel like I haven't been there more than I have. Mono, you know. Takes a lot out of you.

DI is running deliciously. Literally, deliciously. We had brownies last Thursday, and they were freaking good. But the DI skit itself is going swimmingly [ha, ha, pun... our skit takes place in the ocean... get it?] and we accomplished almost all our mid-November goals in an hour and a half at the last meeting.

What can I say? We deliver, damnit. We're awesome at this.

Let's see... Community service clubs are great, NHS is great, my writing's been atrocious lately, piano-playing has actually been good recently... umm... Not much else, really.

I'm busy, yet so not. Explain that.

2 comments:

Ammietia (a girl you once knew) said...

Congrats on the acceptance! I just looked at the requirements and my eyes widened. Wow! That is AWESOME! And congrats/good luck to the rest! ^-^

Abby said...

Thank you :D :D :D