"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Monday, September 1, 2008

There is no title that correctly fits the emotion of this post.

Cassie and Kailey were in a rollover car accident on Sunday night.

They're both okay--if by "okay" I mean covered in bruises and cuts, but alive. I saw them both today, much to my relief, and got a firsthand account of what went down. They've each picked their favorite battle wound...

Cassie's new [new for her] car was totalled. We had christened him Emmett--same as the massively strong vampire in Twilight--and it only seems fitting that he would indeed be "badass to the end," as Cassie put it. The car saved both their lives, and in doing so, took a severe beating.

Cassie, the driver, was not at fault, and no one else was hurt. An enormous SUV was driving toward them on a tight dirt road, riding the middle as if it owned the street. Cassie swerved to avoid a head-on collision, and her car went tumbling off the bank on the edge of the shoulder. It was a purely accidental accident.

The other car kept going.

As I said, they're both okay. Wonderful people stopped to help them, and Cassie was somehow strong enough to hold herself together while Kailey fell apart. Together they dealt with the trauma that followed, showing a kind of bravery I feel I must commend.

Both are struggling through the physical damage [so, so sore] and doing their best to cope with the emotional aftermath. I am doing everything in my power to take care of them, as are their relieved families. They will be okay, even though it will be rough for awhile. :[

I am eternally thankful that my sisters are alive. It is downright miraculous that I was able to see them, hug them, hear their voices today... Life without them would never be worth living, and I will always remember to appreciate each day I have in their company.

I love you so much, guys. So much that I can't even put it in words. I've never felt so terrified in my whole life as when Cassie called to tell me what had happened. Remember that I will always love you, no matter what, and that life is too fragile to waste.

That's the part about this that is the hardest, knowing that two lives could have ended so quickly. They were so close... It frightens me beyond words.

I love you, and I'm so happy--is that a strong enough word?--that I get to keep you. Forever.

4 comments:

Ammietia (a girl you once knew) said...

:O I read the first line and gasped! I'm glad that Cassie and Kailey are okay, even if they are in pain. I hope they get better soon.

Abby said...

Thank you so much, Ammietia. You're an amazing person, did you know? :]

Ammietia (a girl you once knew) said...

I don't think I'm all that amazing XD. And I just noticed the Blogs of note thing. Thanks for putting my blog up there ^-^ Didn't expect that, hehe :)

Abby said...

Lol well I do in fact read your blog so I figured it would be right to post it there :]