"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Round Trip, Much?

So today I had the pleasure of filling out an informational form that my school gave to each of us in the top ten [of the class rankings]. It was kind of comical, actually.

Scholarships? None...yet. Special awards? Umm. Yeah.

And then, my favorite question: Something unique about myself.

Lol. If only they knew.

Anyway... Maddy and I were watching Ghost Hunters tonight [while "doing English"] and it definitely got me thinking. See, I'm not afraid of death. If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times, and I'll just keep saying it because it's true.

I'm not afraid to die. Pain? Well, I don't exactly look forward to that, really, but since I fall down so much anyway it shouldn't be anything shocking...

But along the same lines, I'm not afraid of the dead, either. If a ghost was to be sitting next to me right now, I would honestly be okay with that. Sure, I'm not about to go wandering around a creepy house at night, but I think it's more the living creepies that prevent me from doing so.

The dead, I've come to believe, are quite a bit nicer than the living, and actually have a purpose. Most of us just wander around aimlessly; they're here for a reason, and for that reason specifically.

And since I've done nothing to hurt them, they have no reason to hurt me. I respect them. I do my best to understand them, though that's mildly impossible.

Are the dead among us? Hell, yes. Open your eyes. I'm not talking about orbs and EMFs and poltergeists [lol "I will be your personal poltergeist"...from Stardust]. I'm talking about souls.

I have to believe they're here. Because if they weren't, I wouldn't be able to feel things the way I do. If souls weren't immortal, I wouldn't be able to perceive emotions like this--with that everlasting color imprint left on my mental eye. I feel it often in places where visible humans aren't standing...

They're nowhere and everywhere. I feel it. And though I've always told myself to trust fact over feeling, this time, they're the same thing.

Because the fact feels completely right.

No comments: