"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

"Fake it like you matter--that's a lie we can both keep."

FOB, Sending Postcards From a Plane Crash (Wish You Were Here). Love that song.

I've noticed that people are a bit self-righteous. Have you noticed that?

Makes me laugh a little. So what if you're better than me at something? Get over it. I could kick yours in something else. In quite a few things, actually.

So what if you finally beat me at my own game? Doesn't mean I have to acknowledge it. Doesn't mean you have to rub it in every single day.

And so what if you finally shattered me, broke me down, reduced me to nothing in others' eyes?

Doesn't mean I deserve to hear you say those nasty things about me. You don't even let me turn around so you can do the talking behind my back...

So get over yourself. Fake it like you matter, and maybe I won't smear your name to the people who do. Because despite the fact that you think they won't believe me, I'm pretty sure they would.

So what? :]

1 comment:

Ammietia (a girl you once knew) said...

Hallelujah. I love it. Its so true and wonderfully written. Just hallelujah.